[TxMt] GTD Upgraded

Mike Mellor alaskamike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 16:59:28 UTC 2006

Dan -

Thanks for the input.  Here are some quick thoughts.

First, on contexts, I thought that "TODO", "CALL", etc. were contexts (in my
mind, I use TODO for a physical action or something that doesn't fall into
another context).  Maybe I'm missing something here.  And maybe I need to
explain how I use the GTD bundle betetr.  I created a GTD project in
TextMate where I add a *.gtd file for each project, e.g. "stuff to do around
the house," "paint the living room," etc.  Then I add tasks, using the TODO,
CALL, etc. contexts.  Finally, to use what I've done in context, I do a
"view GTD tasks" (control-shift-T) to group my tasks  by context.

I wrote to Nick Fagerlund (FMP creator) and he has given me permission to
include FMP in the GTD bundle.  I think that FMP is a great tool, but it
works the opposite of how I think.  I like to "think in projects, execute in
context" where FMP is designed to take a text file with more-or-less random
categories and split it out into separate lists.

My plan is to put the functionality into the bundle, and see where it goes.
Again, thanks for the feedback!

Mike