[TxMt] 1001 suggestions in shining armour

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Jun 9 11:43:01 UTC 2006

On 9/6/2006, at 4:14, Timothy Bates wrote:

>> You lost me with the "braindead block editing zero-column
>> selection" . How should it work?
> The model here should be sub-etha-edit
> [...]
> The benefits are massive [...] It is far more reliable and far more
> usable.

For starters I can’t use it from the keyboard, I can’t copy’n’paste
the columns selected, I can’t run a transformation on a column, I
can’t move the selection around, etc.

The SEE block-edit is something DIFFERENT! That TextMate’s overtyping
of column selections can be used for the same, is the only thing they
have in common.

The only thing braindead here is the advocating of removing one
feature because some clueless person wants ANOTHER feature.