[TxMt] Lost file

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 21:06:49 UTC 2006

Well, I just lost over an hour of work and I'd like to know what happened.

I was editing a long entry in a textarea field using the Edit in
TextMate thing. The connection to the server was lost, so I did a Save
As to make a local copy on my Desktop and continued working. The icon
for the new file appeared on my Desktop.

After a while, TM started beeping at me whenever I saved. Fearing the
something had gone wrong, I opened the file in TextEdit (it was still
open in TM). Everything was there, so I quit TextEdit and went back to
TM. Still getting a beep on every save, I decided to quit and relaunch
TM. As soon as I quit TM, the icon for the file disappeared from the
Desktop. When I relaunched TM, the file didn't even appear in the Open
Recent submenu.

Any ideas? I'm running Version 1.5.1 (1070).

--
Dr. Drang