[TxMt] Horizontal Scrolling in Drawer?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jun 7 21:05:59 UTC 2006

On 7/6/2006, at 15:28, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> [...] I don't know how long that's been happening, but that's
> sweet! I figured other folks might be interested in realizing that,
> too.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I did not change the project drawer
scrolling behavior.

Also, FYI the lack of scrolling is not by my good will, but Apple’s
list views work so that they have a fixed virtual width (based on the
columns), and if this is larger than the physical width, scrolling is
possible. There is however no way to say that this virtual width
should be “as wide as the widest entry”, meaning that I would e.g.
have to say “always make it 500 pixels” and no matter what the list
would contain, one would be able to scroll around in these 500 pixels.

So I opted for the “make it as wide as the physical space” and enable
truncation of item titles, since this was aesthetically the nicest
thing to do.