[TxMt] Static Gutter?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jun 7 20:17:04 UTC 2006

On 6/6/2006, at 19:12, Joshua Lock wrote:

> 1. Static Gutter? Is there any way to turn this on? [...]

No, but it will be static sometime in the future.

> 2. I'm sure when I first downloaded TextMate I could type Obj-C
> messages [object message] and although TM automatically inserted
> the closing bracket (]) if I typed it TM kindly overwrote the
> existing one. Now I find it inserting a new pair of brackets ([ ]).
> I'm not sure if this was me playing around with snippets or if the
> behaviour has changed in a recent(ish) build.

It has changed some ago that in objective-c it tries to be smart
about where the [ should be inserted. You can go to the bundle editor
and delete the Insert Start Bracket command if you do not like it.

When you get used to it, it is however a great help, as few remember
to put the correct number of [’s at the start of the current method
call.