[TxMt] Go To Symbol and Friends

David Watson watson at designadvance.com
Wed Jun 7 12:11:27 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I've got a few questions related to the Go To Symbol command
(Cmd-Shift-T)...

Is there a way to get this to show the symbols for all files in a given
directory?

Also, is there a way to do the symbol lookup from a call within a given
context?

That is...

Given a call within some scope...

( myFunc( ))

And its definition...

( defun myFunc( ))

I'd like to be able to select the call to myFunc and hit a key accelerator
and have textmate go to the definition of the function wherever it may be.
In my case, these are always within the current directory.

I recall this being common in IDE land, something like "Go To Definition".

Thanks,
David