[TxMt] Shell Variables and templates

Prachi Gauriar pgauriar at mac.com
Tue Jun 6 17:54:44 UTC 2006

On Jun 6, 2006, at 5:52 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 5/6/2006, at 7:36, Prachi Gauriar wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone.  I just started using TextMate today and I've run
>> into a little problem.  I've noticed that  my Shell Variables (as
>> set in the Preferences) aren't loaded properly when I use
>> templates [...]
>
> Is this the public TextMate 1.5.1 (948)? Templates have since been
> changed, but I don’t think there have been the problems you mention
> -- the TM_ORGANIZATION_NAME variable was explicitly made for use in
> templates and has existed since 1.0.

It's with TextMate 1.5.1, New With Template.  I was able to narrow it
down to when you don't have the "Create [Untitled Document] at
startup and re-activation" preference selected.  Once this option is
selected, the bug continues to occur until the TextMate is
relaunched.  I filed a bug with the specifics: ticket 09E676B9.

That said, I just found the "cutting edge" updates.  The error no
longer occurs in build 1060.

BTW, TextMate is an amazing app.  I've been telling my friends about
it: "It's like Emacs, if it were designed today with a GUI in mind
and without Emacs Lisp or the cruft of 20 years of development."

Thanks.

-Prachi