[TxMt] Ruby grammar omission

Rob Rix rix.rob at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 06:52:59 UTC 2006

Hey all, I just noticed an omission in the Ruby grammar. I checked the
Ruby grammar's comments to see if there was any mention of this, but I
didn't see anything; perhaps I just missed it. In any case:

def show#{suffix}
    @#{singular_name} = #{class_name}.find(params[:id])
    render#{suffix}_scaffold
end

(This example is from the Rails source, in action_controller's
scaffolding support.)

All of those #'s become comments; not one of them actually is.

I'm bringing this up partly for posterity (I'm anal-retentive and
would deeply love the Ruby grammar to be perfect (: ) but mostly
because I'd like to use this syntax mechanism without TextMate making
it look like it's not actually code... (:

I'm gonna take a look at it, but if anybody else has a quick fix
before I commit anything, they're welcome to it.

Rob