[TxMt] "Find in Project" within a macro

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Jun 3 06:34:13 UTC 2006

On 1/6/2006, at 9:48, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> I was frequently selecting a word and finding it in the project so
> I thought I would automate the 3 command sequence (control w,
> command e and command shift f, return) by using a macro.
> Unfortunately the find in project part is not recorded within the
> start/stop macro.  I guess this is because it brings up a dialogue
> box?

Sort of, yes -- only actions local to the current document are recorded.

> Any way around this or maybe I have overlooked some built in
> command that does this?

The workaround would be to let step 3 of the macro be Text -> Filter
Through Command… setting input/output to none/discard and letting the
command be:

    osascript -e 'tell app "System Events" to keystroke "F" using
{command down}' &>/dev/null &

However, while this will open the Find in Project window, it will not
show your current word in the find string. This is because macros
execute using a local find clipboard.

When saving the macro it is possible to disable the use of a local
(normal) clipboard -- this should probably affect the local/global
state of both though (I am adding a ote to check it out.)

So unfortunately no workaround for now.