[TxMt] TextMate position files and command line tools question

Chris Poirier cpoirier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:54:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

When I "tar" up a TextMate project directory, I get a ._<filename>
file for each file I've opened in TextMate.  I've had a look at one of
these files on another system, and it appears to contain TextMate's
last caret position information for the related file.  The problem is
that I can't seem to exclude these files from the tarchive using the
--exclude or --exclude-from parameters to "tar".  Further, if I try to
use "find" to generate a list of the ._ files, the ._ files are never
in the list.  Similarly, they don't show up in the output of "ls", and
can't be deleted with "rm".

Has anyone been able to successfully exclude these files from "tar"?
Is there any way to delete them?

Thanks,
   Chris.