[TxMt] Obj-C format method signature not working

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Thu Jun 1 02:50:14 UTC 2006

Hi. I've just started playing with Objective C and (obviously!) want
to use TextMate to edit my code. I saw the rather cool demo in Allan's
2nd Obj-C screencast [1] of how to reformat a method signature, but it
didn't work for me.

I tried it with the following example:

+ (id)dateWithString:(NSString *)description calendarFormat:(NSString *)format
locale:(NSDictionary *)locale
{
}

and found that the results came out like this (having removed everything
in the file prior to the method definition):

+ (id)dateWithString:(NSString *)description
   calendarFormat:(NSString *)format
           locale:(NSDictionary *)locale

Do I need a specific version of the TextMate, the Objective-C bundle, or
some other supporting files to make this work?

I'm running build 948 of TM, and have just upped by Objective-C bundle
this evening (the one shipped with 948 didn't define the format method
signature command).

Cheers,

Graham

[1] http://macromates.com/screencast/objective_c_part_2.mov