[TxMt] Specify file language from command line

Michael Twomey micktwomey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 14:01:53 UTC 2006

On 7/27/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 26/7/2006, at 14:17, Michael Twomey wrote:
> > The simplest example is "svn diff | mate". While I can set the
> > language to diff [...]
>
> TextMate should generally detect diff files w/o relying on extension.

It does 99% of the time, I've had cases where it's used diff for plain
text or plain text for diff (probably as a result of me manually
switching the language). If I encounter a failure to detect the file
type again I'll try and document it.

A more common case for me is choosing restructured text or plain text
for piped content, autodetection won't easily catch the format. I work
almost exclusively from the command line, piping in input into mate.
Haven't quite migrated to using bundle commands yet :)

cheers,
  mick