[TxMt] 'Edit in TextMate...' from bundle editor

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Tue Jul 25 14:42:28 UTC 2006

On Jul 25, 2006, at 2:13 PM, Jami Haavisto wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I had been playing around with the language grammars and snippets,
> and started thinking that Allan probably has thought of some better
> way to edit the grammar.. I felt really stupid when I came across
> this blog that stated the obvious: while in bundle editor,
> naturally select Edit in TextMate.. - Voilá, the Language is set to
> 'Language Grammar' and colored nicely.
>
> So if there happends to be any grammar-editors unaware of this
> obviousity, just thought I'd let them know.
> And for a suggestion to the bundle editor and help, this feature
> might be nice to mention as a hint (eg. by the help button in
> bundle editor). A tip of the day maybe: "Did you know that you can
> call the 'Edit in TextMate...' input manager also inside TextMate's
> bundle editor. This should make language grammar editing much
> easier." or smtn...
>
> Sorry if this is plain obvious to anyone else...

It is even less than obvious (for me, at least), so thanks for
posting. Even now, I do not know how to invoke "Edit in TextMate"
from the Bundle Editor, and I would be happy for some details. The
only menu item that seems related is Bundles -> TextMate -> "Install
'Edit in TextMate'", which does not seem to do anything. What am I
missing here?

Thanks for the clarification.
Holger