[TxMt] Hard tabs, soft tabs, oh my

Skye Poier skye at f4.ca
Mon Jul 24 00:39:11 UTC 2006

 > I wouldn't touch mixed tabs and spaces with the standard-issue ten
feet pole...

It's worked very well for me so far, usually in editors when you say
you want soft tab stops at 4 spaces it leaves hard tabs at 8.

>> [...] I suppose if there's no other option, I could convert all
>> tabs to 8 spaces in
>> all my files.
>
> That would be the only option, I am afraid.

I was afraid you were going to say that :)

Is there a way to provide an argument to changeTabsToSpaces: in the
macro recorder for stop size?  Macro recording doesn't seem to notice
when I change the tab stop, it's a pain to change the stops to 8,
convert, then change back to 4 each time.  And the macro is marked
read-only (sorry, I'm still a TM n00b).  I'd like to change files
only as needed, and not have to drop to the shell to do a sed on it.

Skye