[TxMt] Suggestion: CSS Bundle color detection

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:44:16 UTC 2006

On Jul 21, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Eric D. Fields wrote:

> I've usually got a handful of colors that I use throughout a
> stylesheet; I'd say around 3-6 and that's about it. I'm thinking that
> a tab-complete on hex color values already in your stylesheet would be
> ridiculously helpful. so 'border-bottom: 1px solid #[tab]' would spit
> out a menu of all the colors already in your stylesheet as hex values.
>
> Even more sick would be identifying each item with their color
> somehow, either by coloring the menu items (would suck w/ whites,
> greys) or providing a box colorized next to each item indicating that
> color. Would this be feasible?
>
> Thoughts or suggestions would be great.
> --
> eric

How about doing an HTML Output window?
You could program one that shows all the colors in your document in
their colors.
Then when you click on one of them it pastes the color at at cursor
location and closes the HTML Output window.

Allan changed the way some of that stuff works now. You can have
javascript in the HTML Output window call a shell script that calls
applescript to insert text without crashing the app now.

Or is that overkill?

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient