[TxMt] Suggestion: CSS Bundle color detection

Eric D. Fields eric_fields at emerson.edu
Fri Jul 21 16:23:30 UTC 2006

I'm going to take a stab at writing this one up this weekend, but
before that I'm wondering if anyone else would find this useful or has
already done similar (or knows of an even more productive way...).

I've usually got a handful of colors that I use throughout a
stylesheet; I'd say around 3-6 and that's about it. I'm thinking that
a tab-complete on hex color values already in your stylesheet would be
ridiculously helpful. so 'border-bottom: 1px solid #[tab]' would spit
out a menu of all the colors already in your stylesheet as hex values.

Even more sick would be identifying each item with their color
somehow, either by coloring the menu items (would suck w/ whites,
greys) or providing a box colorized next to each item indicating that
color. Would this be feasible?

Thoughts or suggestions would be great.

--
eric