[TxMt] Automation Questions

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 10:19:36 UTC 2006

On 19/07/06, Eric D. Fields <eric_fields at emerson.edu> wrote:
> Hi. I adore texmate to death but I'm trying to get more automation out
> of it. I know that there's a keyboard shortcut to close the last
> previously opened tag, but is it possible get TM to close all the tags
> on the current line you're working on? So i can be writing

Well, you say a "keystroke or two". With three, you can hit
command-option-. three times, and it will close each one in
succession. It's just a quick ripple - hold the modifiers, tap period
once for each tag you want to close.

Given I don't have more than 3/4 tags I want to close at once like
that, I think that's a perfectly acceptable situation.

If you've got long, repetetive lines, the other solutions suggested
might work; alternatively, consider building the tags first with some
form of column typing, and then later add the content.