[TxMt] Cannot get shell command to be executed in TM

Eric O'Brien ericob at possibilityengine.com
Thu Jul 20 04:52:51 UTC 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 3:51 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 19/7/2006, at 8:07, Eric O'Brien wrote:
>
>> [...] So, is this command supposed to be invoked by ^r or ^R and
>> if it is ^R (control + shift + r) why does that evoke the Rake
>> window?
>
> It is just control and R, no shift. It relies on the key bindings
> file included with TextMate which one can override by putting a
> local copy in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate -- maybe you
> got such override?

Well, this is interesting!

Yes, I do have such a file (that is, a "KeyBindings.dict" file in ~/
Library/Application Support/TextMate.  I don't remember putting it
there... I suppose I was experimenting.  ;)

However, it was empty.  That is, it only contained

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict/>
    </plist>

BUT!  when I removed it, ^r then worked in TextMate.  That seems
odd.  If the keybinding wasn't explicitly overridden, why did it not
work?

(I was also hoping I might get back my control + escape keyboard
shortcut too, but no luck.  It's still missing in action.)

For that matter, ⌥⌘` (option + command + backtick) which is
supposed to "cycle between drawer and main window" only produces a
beep for me.

Small problems, but baffling.

eo