[TxMt] Automation Questions

Michael Reece mreece at vinq.com
Wed Jul 19 17:16:21 UTC 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 8:51 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Eric D. Fields wrote:
>
>> Hi. I adore texmate to death but I'm trying to get more automation
>> out
>> of it. I know that there's a keyboard shortcut to close the last
>> previously opened tag, but is it possible get TM to close all the
>> tags
>> on the current line you're working on? So i can be writing
>
> I'll let someone else tackle that one. I've never found it to be a
> problem, since I generate all my tags via ctrl+< , hence they are
> always paired to begin with.

i am trying to figure out how this can be efficient, maybe i am doing
something wrong.

i type span[ctrl+<] which gives me <span>[cursor</span> so i have to
press [left-arrow] class="junk"[right-arrow]
and likewise for a[ctrl+<][left-arrow] href="bogus.html"[right-arrow]
blah blah

am i missing some other way to use this shortcut?  all the cursor
movement seems superfluous and counter-productive for any tags that
have attributes.

---
michael reece :: software engineer :: mreece at vinq.com