[TxMt] full screen vs. maximize

Domenico Carbotta domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it
Sun Jul 16 16:58:57 UTC 2006

here are my two cents on the subject.

I'm plagued with a marked attention deficit :P, so when I found out
about WriteRoom I was sold on the idea of full-screen distractionless
editing.

now, I'm not too fond of feature requests, but I'd like allan to take
a look at WriteRoom and think about offering similar functionality
within TextMate (snippets + fullscreen = wow!) — megazoomer just
doesn't cut it, the whole text is jammed over the left border, too
ugly to be true!

on the other hand, since I first used a mac I expect the maximization
button to act like it does in Finder, i.e. increase window height
until the whole content is shown. that was the behaviour I got on
BeOS too (I was an eager BeOS user back in the day). I guess offering
those two modes (full screen and vertical window zooming) would be
very nice.

ciao,

domenico