[TxMt] Making prototypes $ easier to type

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Jul 16 15:53:12 UTC 2006

On Jul 15, 2006, at 9:25 AM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:
> What I was looking for was mainly a way to revert the last thing
> done with backspace so to speak, like both parantheses disappear
> when you just delete one of them if you just added a pair. Perhaps
> this is hard-coded behaviour?

I briefly mentioned this in my previous response. This will be the
default behavior if the pair was inserted as a "smart pair": If you
had manually inserted (, then when you remove that the matching one
that was inserted would be removed as well. The same would go for a
macro that simulated you typing this in.

However, if you use a command or a snippet to insert the parentheses,
then they are inserted as regular text, and TM doesn't know that it
should remove both of them in this case.

> Andreas

Haris