[TxMt] Velocity (VTL) bundle: heads-up and feature request

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Fri Jul 14 10:26:16 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 5:44 AM, Tom Armitage wrote:

>  It also inherits all the HTML highlighting/functionality, obviously.

I think it's great that you're implementing this bundle!  I recently
did some work with Velocity, but it wasn't for generating HTML.  I'm
not sure how one would go about implementing a bundle that reuses the
same grammar in multiple scopes, but that might be worth looking into
here.  Perhaps a Velocity-HTML language and a Velocity-Plain Text
language?

Personally, I'd much prefer to use XSL-T for generating HTML than
using Velocity, but sometimes it's a necessary evil...

--
Brian Lalor
blalor at bravo5.org