[TxMt] does this feature exist?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 11 19:12:22 UTC 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Scott Raposa wrote:

> i would like to be able to perform a simple browser-like back/
> forward through the files that i'm viewing/editing.  since my
> normal usage is to be working with many files simultaneously and
> i'm using the project drawer to jump around,  i'm always losing
> track of where i was.  it would be a HUGE time saver to have a
> "back" command that could cycle through the last few files that
> i've loaded into the editor.
>
> note that i've tried using the prev/next file tab commands, but
> that just doesn't cut it as the tab placement is completely random
> based on the way i work and there are usually a couple dozen of them.
>
> does anything like this exist?

I implemented, as a proof of concept, a "global textmate bookmarking"
system, which allowed you to mark locations and then “quickly” move
about them. When I say quickly, it's not really instantaneous,
because it relies on the txmt scheme. You will want to modify it of
course, to suit your needs. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but
perhaps it's not too far off. You can find details here:
http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/2006/06/09/global-textmate-
bookmarking/
This requires that you mark your current location before switching
files of course, so it is not ideal. Perhaps a plugin could do better.

> thx.
> -scott

Haris