[TxMt] list of static variables (e.g. TM_AUTHOR)?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jul 10 10:51:06 UTC 2006

On 10/7/2006, at 10:16, Oliver Hagmann wrote:

> Is there a list of which static TM variables are currently available?

Yes [1] but majority of it are dynamic variables.

> I was wondering if for example TM_AUTHOR already exists. I think it
> could be of good use for many things. E.g. filling in the author of
> S5 slides automatically or when converting a MultiMarkdown document
> to LaTeX.

I made TM_ORGANIZATION_NAME the only default static value, this was
inspired by Xcode and for use in templates, but it requires the user
to set it up with a value first.

The PHPDoc snippets uses this: ${PHPDOC_AUTHOR:`niutil -readprop / "/
users/$USER" realname`} -- that expands to the users full name unless
the user has set PHPDOC_AUTHOR (in which case that one is preferred.)

I can add something like the following to bash_init.sh, so that
bundle stuff can use TM_USERNAME w/o having to provide the default
value themselves, if there is an interest in it. But we could also
just put the niutil stuff in the command/snippet which needs it, as
it’s not that much code.

    export ${TM_USERNAME:=`niutil -readprop / "/users/$USER" realname`}