[TxMt] Elastic tabstops

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 12:33:50 UTC 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 4:29 AM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> It would be nice to get other symbols rather than just =, I smell a
> good JSON cleanup :)
> I suppose you change these two lines?
> relevant_line_pattern = /^[^=]+=/
> column_search_pattern = / *=/
>
> into something .. :/
> How'd you change hat to include at least : (semicolon) into the
> pattern matching?
>
> Andreas
>
> On Jul 4, 2006, at 15:56 , Chris Poirier wrote:
>> I've built a TM filter command that will realign assignment blocks.
>> It'll run on the current selection or on a block of statements
>> touching the current line.  You can find it at
>> http://random-dreams.org/freeware/textmate/assignment-block-
>> tidier.txt.
>> It's been on my shortlist since then to write a version that can
>> realign entire statements, lining up commas and closing parenthesis
>> and such.  I'll probably get to that this month.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Chris.

Howdy.

I made my own version of this puppy complete with support for
alignment on any character
it comes built-in with support for CSS and Ruby.

For CSS it inserts spaces before {'s and after ;'s & :'s
For ruby it inserts spaces before = == => & # only if they have space
around them

Check out the code for more details.
Everything is eithre set by looking at the scope or by checking ENV
variables, so you can extend it to support whatever language you have.
I also have a command that uses this to align on whatever character
you just copied.

Check it out:
http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/
tAylott_subtleGradient_BETA.tmbundle/Support/bin/assignment-block-
tidier.rb
http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/
tAylott_subtleGradient_BETA.tmbundle/Commands/Align%20=.tmCommand
http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/
tAylott_subtleGradient_BETA.tmbundle/Commands/Align%20paste.tmCommand

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient