[TxMt] Overriding items in TM_SUPPORT_PATH

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 11:16:47 UTC 2006

On 7 Jul 2006, at 14:20, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> Thinking mainly about the items in the css & scripts folders
>> within there, but even other items.  I've tried my own local copy
>> inside ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/  and every
>> permutation of that, but no success.
> Starting with last build it now looks at Support/version and picks
> the folder with the highest version.
>
> So if you want to have a local override, you need to ensure that
> the version is higher than the one shipped with TM. Keeping the
> local copy updated (via svn) will ensure that.

Well, I apologise IF I don't get this correctly, but the above does
NOT seem to solve my issue.  Put simply it's like this:

The default TM Support .css file has black text on white background.

IF I would like this to be Red text on a green background (not
really, just example) then my version should over-ride the default.

The above seem to indicate that I should just have another copy of
the Support stuff from the SVN locally, and that needs to be updated
on a regular basis in order to stay ahead of your version in the app.
It would also seem to mean that I would have to inflict my version of
the .css on everyone else, just to have the version that I like.

Did I get that correctly ?  IF so, then a much better version would
be to look for the local Support dir / file and IF found then use
that, else use the default version regardless of version number or
anything like it.

Just my 2 pence.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -