[TxMt] Re: Elastic tabstops

Chris Poirier cpoirier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:11:40 UTC 2006

Hi Andreas,

> From: Andreas Wahlin <andreaswahlin at bredband.net>
> It would be nice to get other symbols rather than just =, I smell a
> good JSON cleanup :)
> I suppose you change these two lines?
> relevant_line_pattern = /^[^=]+=/
> column_search_pattern = / *=/
>
> into something .. :/
> How'd you change hat to include at least : (semicolon) into the
> pattern matching?

I don't think just changing the patterns will solve the problem.  The
reason I haven't gotten to the align-statements version is I'm going
to need to break the statements on language elements and then compare
those structures across lines to decide where to add spaces.  It's
non-trivial.  To be honest, I haven't had time to figure out the data
structures, yet.  As I said, it's on my shortlist, but it's been a
busy couple of months.

Anyway, the code is AFL, so feel free to make whatever modifications you'd like.

Regards,
   Chris.