[TxMt] Reformat Paragraph and Space at the End of a Sentence

Di Xiao dixiao at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 02:50:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just start using Textmate and find the Reformat Paragraph command a
little bit confusing.  When editing a text file, I usually leave two
spaces at the end of a sentence, but after "Reformat Paragraph" it
will leave only one space.

Since I've used emacs for quite a long time, it's natural to compare
with the fill-paragraph command in emacs.  The behavior in emacs is
(1) if there is one space after a sentence, fill-paragraph will do
nothing; (2) if there is more than one space, fill-paragraph will
change it to two spaces.

Is there a way to change the behavior of "Reformat Paragraph" to match
fill-paragraph in emacs?

I searched the mail archive and find there was a discussion on
Reformat Paragraph in LaTeX mode.  I agree that the current
implementation of Reformat Paragraph is completely useless when math
mode or other enviroment is inside a paragraph.  Is anything going to
change for that?

Thanks,

Di