[TxMt] Rails bundles (and probably others not working)

John Indra ji.milist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 08:40:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am new to TextMate. Just downloaded TextMate 1.5.2, dragged it to
my Application folder on Mac OS X 10.4.7, and I wanted to start
experimenting with Rails bundles.

Should I be able to do Command+Option+Shift+Down from an
ActiveController action and receive a Go To context menu? Well, it
just doesn't happen as expected on my MacBook Pro.

I don't have any fancy setting and I haven't change TextMate default
config. I haven't buy a license. I thought I'll give myself 30 days
evaluation to see whether my productivity improves with TextMate. Is
this the culprit, it doesn't work because I haven't register my
TextMate copy?

FYI, I can invoke the context menu using my mouse by going to Bundles-
 >Rails->Go To. For example I can go to my view, and it works
flawlessly.

Does 10.4.7 broken the ability? Can anyone please verify the
behaviour I'm experiencing?

More weird facts:
1. From my RHTML file, Command+Option+Shift+Down work as expected. I
see the Go To context menu.
2. From my model file, I should be able to type vuif and press Tab so
TextMate can expand it to validates_uniqueness_of right? Well, sadly
that didn't work too :(

Am I alone? What should I do to get the right behaviour?

Thanks a lot!
John