[TxMt] RE: Sweave & Find Texniscope source

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Tue Jul 4 19:50:46 UTC 2006

On Jul 4, 2006, at 8:57 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> And of course when creating the pdfsync file, we are still at the
> latex compiling stage, so it is easy to determine what file things
> come from, and hence if you look at a pdfsync file you see
> different sections, one for each of the different files that were
> \include'd in the master. I believe this does not work with
> \input'ed files.

Good call, that makes sense. I took a stab based on a quick reading
of the documentation. Yours is better. :)

> Actually the best thing would be this:
> Create a mapping between sweave-code lines and latex-code lines,
> just like pdfsync is a mapping between latex-code lines and pdf-
> code lines.
> Then you could run a post processor that takes this file and alters
> the corresponding sections of the .pdfsync file, to make then link
> back to the sweave files instead of the tex files. pdfsync doesn't
> really care (at least I don't think it does) what files you link
> to, as long as their name appears in there. So it would be just a
> question of changing the line numbers and name of files linked to
> in the .pdfsync file, probably doable with a little trial and error.

This is cool. Sweave code is easy to filter out of the source file,
so it might even be not too difficult. I'll take a look in the next
day or so and see if I can come up with something.

-Alan