[TxMt] Full screen SIMBL bundle

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 15:11:27 UTC 2006

…
…
> I'm getting really tempted to hack Megazoomer to let you zoom multiple
> windows side-by-side into halves or thirds of the screen-width.  After
> that, all we need is to support windows from multiple apps at once,
> and perhaps make the root magazoomed frame into a single split-view
> and bam! New micro-window-manager ;)
> -jrk

Oh carp!!!1!
That would be total awesomeness.
I've been fantasizing about that for years.
I just don't have the first clue how to do it.

I've always wanted to be able to group windows from any random apps
together in a split view.
Windows has the feature to select a couple of windows and tile them,
but that's not quite what i want.
I want to be able to group windows together and be able to resize
both at once using the space between them, just like a split view.

If we had that ability then we wouldn't necessarily need any apps to
natively support split view. You'd be able to to your own split views
with any windows in the system.

It'd be hot to group safari, firefox, remote desktop & textmate all
together in a split view...
or group my RSS reader with a safari window...
or group TextMate with a finder or pathfinder window.

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient