[TxMt] The Latest Problems with the GTDAlt bundle

Stefan Brantschen sbr at acm.org
Sat Jul 1 13:57:03 UTC 2006

Haris -

On 1 Jul 2006, at 15:35, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Indeed it is, but it uses some libraries for creating its dialogs
> and such. These libraries typically live in the global support
> directory, under the subdirectory lib. Typically, these don't get
> updated very often, so usually the version of the support directory
> that is built into textmate has all the necessary commands, and the
> variable TM_SUPPORT_PATH points to that. In our case, these
> libraries were added 3 days or so ago, and there hasn't been a
> textmate release since, hence this built in support directory is
> out of date. That's why you need to check out this directory too.
> Theoretically you could remove this directory once a new textmate
> version is out, though in general I would advice keeping it around
> and updating. It is more up-to-date than the built in one, and if
> you are already checking out bundles, it's not that hard to manage
> one more directory.

I see -- thanks for the explanation. So I check out

  http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support

  /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support

(with "xxx" being my user id OMM)

Correct? (I am aware that I could also use the /Library/Application
Support/TextMate dir.)

Do I need to set TM_SUPPORT_PATH manually, or will TM detect my local
Support folder automagically?

Thanks and regards
- Stefan