[TxMt] Insert Flash object/embed tags?

Dru Kepple dru.textmate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 00:29:25 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

> The problem is that using SWFObject introduces a dependency on an 8
> KB javascript which needs to be included from the page and thus
> likely also be uploaded to the target server.

Do you mean "problem" as in "a problem with buliding the drag command" or
"problem" as in "I don't like dependencies on 8 KB javascript files?"  I
understand the former, and didn't think it entirely realistic that SWFObject
could be seamlessly integrated into the TextMate workflow (although it
sounds like it's more reasonable than I imagined), but I disagree with the
latter.  Sure, I'm biased; I make a living doing Flash.  Feel free to hate
me... (I say with tongue firmly planted in cheek).