[TxMt] convert selection to entities

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jan 31 14:18:36 UTC 2006

On 31/1/2006, at 12:23, Brian Lalor wrote:

>> Whenever I try to use the 'Convert Selection to Entities' command
>> it results in the following error.
>>
>> env: ruby -KU: No such file or directory
> I'd take a look at how TM's sourcing your environment when
> executing commands.  That should be documented in the help [...]

In fact it is here: http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
shell_commands#search_path

There are two types of executions, normal shell commands, and then
scripts which use shebang. The latter does not go through the normal
bash_init.sh, and the entity script is using shebang.

So first figure out where ruby is on your system, in a new TextMate
document type the following line and press ctrl-R to execute it as a
shell command:

    type -p ruby

Then to figure out which PATH is setup for shebang-scripts for your
setup, insert these two lines, select both, and press ctrl-R (to run
“the script”):

    #!/bin/sh
    echo "$PATH"