[TxMt] Re: Re: save file AFTER command has been run?

Jim Bagrow bagrowjp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:45:58 UTC 2006

Thanks for the tip!  Always a pleasure to avoid applescript...

I actually tried that before and couldn't get it to work.  The problem seems
to be that saving from the menubar (or from the keyboard shortcut) is not
recorded during the macro.  Do macros only record automations (snippets,
commands, etc.) or do I have something setup wrong?  I couldn't find this
documented anywhere.

I ended up getting around this by defining ANOTHER command that saves the
current file but then does nothing, then recording a macro where I execute
both actions.  Seems to work great, except it doesn't seem to be saving new
files, so I have to just save it twice the first time.   Not a problem for
me, personally.

Oh course, it's ugly to have two commands and a macro sitting around in a
bundle, when there really should be only one.  Anyone else think it might be
useful to have a ''save after'' check box or something in the command
window?

Thanks again,
Jim