[TxMt] Question to LaTeX bundle users

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:46:49 UTC 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Oliver Hagmann wrote:

> On 27.01.2006, at 08:51, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
> Since one of the latest revisions (I'm currently on rev2629), the
> Bibliography command stopped working for me. When I type option-esc
> the current word gets highlighted but nothing else happens. no
> popup appearing.

Hm, it should work at this point. Ok, do the following please:
First, make sure you have updated both the Latex bundle and the
global support directory in Application Support/TextMate/Support.
Then open the bundle editor and change the text of the bibliography
completion command to say "exit" wherever it currently says
"exit_discard". This will print for us some errors we could do
something with. Run the command again and let me know what those
errors are.
Also, tell me the structure of your file directory, and where the
bibliography file you are trying to access is on your computer, and
why do you expect the program to find it (is it a \bibliography entry
in the current file, or in TM_LATEX_MASTER, is it pointed to by
TM_LATEX_BIB?)

Also please send the output produced if from the command line you run:
kpsewhich -show-path=bib

Then we'll take it from there.

> Is it possible to set the shortcut for "Insert Command Based on
> Current Word" and "Insert Environment Based on Current Word" to
> another shortcut than cmd-{ ? I couldn't find out how to type it on
> my swiss keyboard, which is basically a slightly modified german
> layout. I can type { with option-8, but as soon as I combine it
> with cmd, nothing happens. I know I could just assign another
> shortcut for myself but since I assume that I'm not the only TM
> user with a german keyboard, it would be nice if this worked out of
> the box.

This was chosen after some discussion, and it is supposed to be
indicative of what the command does, same as the shift-ctrl-<
shortcut for tags in HTML. I am not entirely happy with it either,
but we couldn't think of a good global alternative that would work
well for people. Suggestions are welcome of course.
> Cheers. Oliver

Haris