[TxMt] newbie struggles with updating bundles

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 26 14:10:13 UTC 2006

On Jan 26, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Christof Janssen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe I can get some advice from experienced users. I tried to
> update my Latex bundle by following the instructions  in the
> TextMate manual. svn is installed and I could get connected to
> macromates. However, when I enter the following command
>
> svn --username anon --password anon co \
>     http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle

I think you also need to indicate a target folder for this, i.e.
after the long macromates link, add  space and then the path to ~/
Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/   (careful with the
space in application support, you might need to escape it.)
Or if you have already cd'd to that directory, then just put a period
".".

Btw, for the new completion commands to work, you will also need to
svn the files in:
     http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support
Because for some technical reason that's where the commands had to be
placed at this time.

Actually, searching online for the error, it seems that it might be
related to being behind a proxy. Are you behind a proxy? Other than
that , don't know what to suggest.

> Christof

Haris