[TxMt] Re: How to disable column-selection or it's binding to theOption key

Ahmad Baitalmal ahmad at baitalmal.com
Wed Jan 25 10:45:26 UTC 2006

Simon Dorfman <emaillists at ...> writes:

> There might be a way with System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard
> Shortcuts.
>
> Or maybe using the command line defaults tool would work.  I seem to
> remember using that to stop Command-Q from quitting in Safari (I'd sometimes
> accidentally hit q instead of w).  I think I got that tip on macosxhints...
> Yeah, here it is:
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2003050112482698
>
> defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSUserKeyEquivalents
>    '{"Quit Safari" = " <at> Q"; "Quit Mail" = " <at> Q";}'
>
> Try:
> man defaults
> ...if you have trouble.
>
> Simon

Thank you Simon
It didn't work, BUT I did solve the problem :)
I was using Keyboard Maestro to do my "Option-CHTN" navigation trick.
I blocked TextMate from there, and implemented the whole setup using
the KeyBindings.dict file. It works perfectly now.
For those interested, this is in dvorak, but you can change to qwerty if you like

    /* nav keys */
    "~c" = "moveUp:";
    "~t" = "moveDown:";
    "~h" = "moveLeft:";
    "~n" = "moveRight:";
    "~d" = "moveWordBackward:";
    "~s" = "moveWordForward:";
    "~g" = "pageUp:";
    "~m" = "pageDown:";
    "~i" = "moveToBeginningOfLine:";
    "~-" = "moveToEndOfLine:";
    "~C" = "moveUpAndModifySelection:";
    "~T" = "moveDownAndModifySelection:";
    "~H" = "moveLeftAndModifySelection:";
    "~N" = "moveRightAndModifySelection:";
    "~D" = "moveWordBackwardAndModifySelection:";
    "~S" = "moveWordForwardAndModifySelection:";
    "~G" = "pageUpAndModifySelection:";
    "~M" = "pageDownAndModifySelection:";
    "~I" = "moveToBeginningOfLineAndModifySelection:";
    "~_" = "moveToEndOfLineAndModifySelection:";

Sweeeeet, TextMate is now Peeerfect!