[TxMt] cocoApell really slows down TextMate

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Tue Jan 24 19:16:18 UTC 2006

On 24/01/2006, at 20:04, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I just took a very short LaTeX document and pasted in Lorem ipsum
> twice from the Text bundle. When I start typing in the middle of
> that text, it becomes painfully slow, and as I said before, I have
> cocoAspell disabled and am only using the built-in checker. I just
> tried the same thing in TeXShop and I am not seeing the same slow-
> down.

Likely it's, as Allan suggested, due to a very high complexity of the
spelling checker in the case of miss-spelled words (to be sure, it's
expected that it takes the longest in that case, but the difference
seems to be rather large). That TeXShop doesn't slow down is most
likely because it uses NSTextView which caches and updates differently.

-- Sune.