[TxMt] cocoApell really slows down TextMate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jan 24 15:45:09 UTC 2006

On 24/1/2006, at 16:24, Sune Foldager wrote:

>> Or if you're lucky enough to have a faster machine.
> Gary's wasn't fast enough either, unless this really is a
> CocoaSpell issue ;-)

In his case, it was.

As for your slowdown with misspelled words, that could actually be
more of a rendering problem (of the underline which is a tiled dot),
although I do seem to recall that the Shark report indicated that
most time was spent in the spelling server -- maybe for non-
recognized words they go through a lot of extra steps (to check for
inflections).