[TxMt] cocoApell really slows down TextMate

Christof Janssen c.janssen at mpi-hd.mpg.de
Tue Jan 24 12:58:13 UTC 2006

Am 24. Jan 2006 um 13:29 schrieb Allan Odgaard:

>> What am I doing wrong  ?
>> While some keywords are well recognized (\label, \begin, \date),
>> others are certainly not. I find many LaTeX commands such as
>> \noindent, \rightarrow, \maketitle, \renewcommand ...
>> that are underlined. Do I have to teach them ? and how ?
>
> All those are correctly recognized (and not underlined) if I paste
> them into a LaTeX document.
>
> Did you disable the Source bundle (Filter List…)?

No, but I disabled several others in order to keep the popups as
small as possible. Included are the Latex and the LaTeX bundles,
however.

> As that has the default spell checking settings (i.e. disable for
> keyword.*) or maybe you have an old LaTeX language grammar (check ~/
> Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle).
There are two LaTeX bundles. Since I have just downloaded and
installed the most recent version of TextMate 1.5(906) I don't think
that this should be the problem. Actually there are two such files in
Application SupportTextMate/Bundles/ . One LaTeX.tmbundle, the other
LaTeX 2.mbundle, dating from 2005 and 2006, respectively. I renamed
the second one to the first one, but to no effect.

> You can press ctrl-shift P on the keyword to see what scope is
> assigned to it.

Both, underlined and non-underlined words have scopes assigned to it.
Eg \newcommand (which appears underlined) is assigned to text.latex
and storage.type.function.tex. The command \label on the other hand
is not underlined and assigned to text.latex,  meta.ref-or-
label.latex and keyword.control.ref-or-label.latex.

Frankly, I don't know what this means. I just wonder what spell
checker is activated anyway. How do I control that ?

Christof