[TxMt] TM freezes completely on search&replace in 6K-lines XML-File!

Benny Kjær Nielsen benny at diku.dk
Tue Jan 17 10:36:12 UTC 2006

On 17/01/2006, at 10.18, Tom Lazar wrote:

> instinctively, i'd also say, that the bottleneck is somewhere
> inside the regex-engine, since the problem exists just as well,
> when I turn off all syntax coloring by chosing "text plain"

You do not turn off syntax highlight by choosing "text plain". You
just get the syntax highlighter for plain text. E.g. try to write
"[NEW]" (should be highlighted bold and blue with the default theme).

But I'm not sure that the syntax highlighting is the problem. I just
think Allan is doing something to the first line every time a line is
appended to it. Even a simple linear search of the line would be a
problem...

I strongly doubt that the regex-engine is to blame, but I'm sure
Allan is going to enlighten us when he comes back :-)

--
Benny