[TxMt] TM freezes completely on search&replace in 6K-lines XML-File!

Benny Kjær Nielsen benny at diku.dk
Tue Jan 17 06:18:34 UTC 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 2:56, Domenico Carbotta wrote:

> abt. 60% of the time is spent into oniguruma::find()… so I guess we
> both know which component is to blame. I was expecting that somehow
> TM's bad handling of long lines would get the blame, looks like I
> was wrong (time for a change :)

You could still be kind of right. If Allan is re-analyzing the first
line of the file (for folding, syntax highlight or some other
purpose) for each newline removed and if he is using onigurama for
this then he is going to use onigurama in the order of n^2 times (n
is the length of the file). That might explain the behavior. We'll
see when he comes back from vacation :-)

--
Benny