[TxMt] Right Margin / Wrap Column

Christopher Biagini lists at assortedgeekery.com
Fri Jan 13 11:53:02 UTC 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 3:40 PM, Daniel Vollmer wrote:

> So what I'd like is to have the right-margin displayed at say 78
> chars, but soft wrap on the current window size.

As a recovering BBEdit user, this is a feature I miss. If I
understand you correctly, it's what BBEdit calls it the Page Guide
(or "Philip Bar" in older versions). A few Windows editors that I use
at work have this feature too.

I think it's very convenient, since there are times when wrapping is
impractical, but you'd still like a subtle indication that you're
wandering off too far. It works especially well with a keystroke
assigned to this script: <http://daringfireball.net/2004/10/
bbedit_soft_wrap_toggling>.

--Chris