[TxMt] Edit remote file via SSH

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Tue Jan 10 16:19:34 UTC 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 3:26 AM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

>> Any other ideas for accomplishing the same goal (edit remote files
>> with
>> TextMate) are also welcome.
>
> If it's a web site you want to edit, you can enable a remote
> directory for WebDAV, then mount it with the Finder. You can then
> open any web site file as if it were local.

This is what I've been doing for (most) remote editing; it's not a
complete alternative to SFTP/SCP, but it works fine when it works.

My problem with it is similar to the problems people have editing
files over SMB: TM is very slow to edit files on my DAV mount and it
sometimes will wagon-wheel itself into oblivion.

Just another data point.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark
--