[TxMt] Terminal replacement

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Mon Jan 9 18:07:11 UTC 2006

On 09/01/2006, at 18:00, Horst Gutmann wrote:

> Erwan David wrote:
>> Biggest problem for me with iterm is its bad UTF-8 support. Use of
>> mutt in UTF-8 locale in iterm is cumbersome whereas it works well in
>> Terminal.
>>
> Same for me. Until now I haven't managed to type Umlaute in iterm
> while
> it worked in Terminal.app after just a few tries ;)

iTerm utf-8 works fine for me.. NOW... but took some time with its
ridiculous settings system. Although when it encounters invalid UTF-8
strings, iTerm will fill the line with ############ where Terminal is
a bit more sensible :-p. Double-width chars work like crap in iTerm;
dunno in Terminal.

-- Sune.