[TxMt] Reformat paragraph and the LaTeX mode

Marco Kuhlmann mk at mcqm.net
Mon Jan 9 09:59:13 UTC 2006

     Thanks, Haris, for your reply.

Am 09.01.2006 um 00:30 schrieb Charilaos Skiadas:

> This command is for plain text files. You can try the "tidy"
> command in the LaTeX bundle (bound to ctrl-shift-h I think), though
> I am not sure it does exactly what you want. I think it will try to
> tidy the entire document though, which might not be exactly what
> you need.

No, tidy does not really do what I want to achieve here.  I also must
admit that the LaTeX bundle's authors' idea of tidyness does not
really match mine ... ;-)

> In general, the LaTeX and Source bundles are the places to look at
> for LaTeX related tasks.

I browsed through the bundle's help files, but could not find
anything that would come close to what I have in mind.

Reformat Paragraph is really close to what I want, and in fact would
be exactly what I want, if a paragraph would indeed be a logical
LaTeX paragraph (rather than a textual paragraph) for Textmate.  (The
command even has almost the same key binding as in Emacs!)

So do I get you right that it is not possible for a language
definition to specify what it counts as a paragraph?

     Thanks,
     Marco