[TxMt] Save document and refresh current Safari window

Michael Larocque mlarocque at prolumina.com
Thu Jan 5 19:49:35 UTC 2006

On 05-Jan-2006, at 10:10 , Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 5/1/2006, at 17:10, Michael Larocque wrote:
>
>> [...] You mention a "Refresh Running Browser" command above. How
>> does one activate it?
>
> Command-R (when a HTML document is open) or click the gear menu in
> the status bar, it's under the HTML bundle, or Automation -> Run
> Command -> HTML (the gear is shorthand for the automation menu).

Ah, found it. After my initial shock of what the command was doing
(bringing my three open browsers to the front and refreshing their
windows - ack!) I dug further to see what the RRB code did, and will
modify it to suit my preferred way of working. :)

>> A more general question - _where_ is there a list of these
>> commands? For instance, when I edit a macro (i.e. "Delete Line")
>> it contains "selectHardLine" and "deleteBackward". Is there a
>> documented list of these commands?
>
> Ah, those are not the same commands. When I say commands I refer to
> commands in the bundles, which are generally shell scripts, i.e.
> these: http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/commands

Understood. But the question still stands: Is there a documented list
of these "internal functions", or whatever you call them? For me at
least, seeing something like that would give me a better
understanding of what the full capabilities of Textmate are, and what
the possibilities are.

>> I've tried Help and looking in the online manual, but I must be
>> using the wrong search terms [...]
>
> I'll look into improving the macro chapter. Macros are read/record-
> only and cannot be edited.

Is there any chance that this might be changed in the future?

Still a noob, but learning TM quickly, and liking it more and more.
The cheque will be in the mail within a couple of hours. :)

Carpe viam,
Mike

Michael Larocque
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer