[TxMt] Re: Errors running Ruby in Textmate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Feb 28 17:08:41 UTC 2006

On 28/2/2006, at 17:47, Jonathan Waddilove wrote:

> Thanks for the response. I'm using: RubyMate r2496 running Ruby
> v1.8.2.
>
> Once I get this problem it's solid for any script until I recycle TM.
> I'll try a few experiments and see if I can get a repeatable error...

Okay, the problem is that for some reason, the HOME environment
variable gets unset for the script environment.

I have updated the script to only conditionally use that variable.
But why you lose it is a mystery.

When it happens, I would be interested to see the output of selecting
the following two lines and pressing ctrl-R:

    #!/bin/sh
    echo "$HOME, $USER"

Plus selecting just the last line, and again pressing ctrl-R:

    echo "$HOME, $USER"