[TxMt] Pdfsync or tiger ability ?

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 19:19:25 UTC 2006

Le 22 févr. 06 à 19:44, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>>
>> With pdfsearch no need to use \usepackage{pdfsync} and with Tiger,
>> that' more natural to use Tiger ability. It's not a big problem :)
>>
> pdfsync has the advantage that it works in other operating systems
> as well. That's why I prefer it, other people you send the file to
> will be able to get syncing going.

I did not know that pdfsync was universal but why do you want to send
a file with pdfsync ; pdfsync is not a part of the "File".
There are no relationship between the data of a file and pdfsync. The
data of file  (" for me" are between \begin{document} and  \end
{document}.
With texshop, pdfsearch is more powerfull (and stable)  that pdfsync.

>> Is it possible to make work Pdfsync with input and include in
>> textmate ?
>>
> I should already work with include. It definitely will work if
> everything is part of a project. I haven't tested it in other
> circumstances. I don't know about input.
> It all depends on what kind of information pdfsync stores.
>
> Are you using Texniscope as your pdf previewer?

TeXniscope yes, and sometimes Acrobat but the problem with Acrobat :
no refresh !

Alain